Monday 18 September 2017

Arsenal star Mustafi blame Kolasinac in the offside goal

Shkodran Mustafi has put the blame on his team-mate Sead Kolasinac for his offside goal that was ruled out in Arsenal’s 0-0 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
Gunners defender Mustafi who rose to headed a free-kick past the Blues stopper, Thibaut Courtois late in the contest at Stamford Bridge which the Germany international run to the side of the field to celebrate, unaware that the linesman had raised his flag.
The 25-year-old
Mustafi
 who believed he was onside after he mistook summer signing Kolasinac for a Chelsea player.
‘I saw someone behind me, so I thought I wasn’t offside,’ he told Arsenal Player. ‘I knew I started a bit early, but I know as a defender it’s hard to stay in one line, so you get some going early, some a bit later. I thought if I start a split-second early, I might get this advantage.
‘I got it but unfortunately, the man behind me was Sead and no one from the Chelsea team. I was really unhappy with that but it was offside.’
The goal would have broken the deadlock at Stamford Bridge and quite possibly led to Arsenal claiming three points instead of just one.
Despite failing to win the match, Mustafi took the positives from the match.
‘We are a team that is willing to learn. I think that we have to try and build from something and I think we can build form this performance today because we were really well organized when we didn’t have the ball.
‘When we had the ball, we played some brilliant one-touch football. I think we can build from this. We played today against the champions of last season and if you play like this, I think you’ll get a lot of points. We can build from that.’
Arsenal host Doncaster in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday before playing West Brom at the Emirates in the Premier League.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Featured post

Nigerian Lady Makes video while taking her bath Mehn, I really don’t understand what her intentions were but honestly speaking, this is...

Most viewed